Save on your energy bill with our heat pump services. A heat pump is a device that draws heat from the outside and transfers it into your house to provide space heating and domestic hot water.
Air Source heat pumps are booming in popularity due to their simplicity to install, cost effectiveness and ease of maintenance.
An air source heat pump (ASHP) is usually placed outside at the side or back of a property, and takes heat from the air and boosts it to a higher temperature using a heat pump. This heat is then used to heat radiators or under-floor heating systems and hot water in your home.
The pump needs electricity to run, but as it typically produce 3-4 units of heat for each unit of electricity it is classified as a renewable energy source and has the potential to save homeowners considerable money on their heating and hot water bill.
Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan FTC5
Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan FTC5 Initial set up Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan FTC5, FTC4 & FTC3 – Programming hot water and heating timings Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan FTC5 Using the wireless controller
Why use a heat pump?
- Reduce heating costs by typically 40-50% if you are using oil or LPG.
- Reduce your maintenance costs.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Simple to integrate into your existing heating system.
- Highly compatible with other renewable particularly solar hot water and PV.
- Operates down to -20C.
- Proven technology already well established in other EU countries.
Ecodan is an air source heat pump system and can provide water temperatures of up to 60°C (without backup electric heater) in ambient temperatures as low as -25°C*.
The Ecodan heat pump range is suitable for everything from a small domestic to a large application.
Using proven inverter driven heat pump technology to deliver effective, low carbon heating and hot water, Mitsubishi Electric’s award winning Ecodan systems provide a simple, renewable solution that rivals traditional heating systems:
- Helps achieve renewable energy targets:
- Capable of reducing running costs and CO2 emissions;
- Easy to design, install and maintain;
- Fully scalable and can work independently or in conjunction with other systems;
- Optimised systems from 4kW to 688kW.
For every 1kW of electricity fed into an Ecodan heat pump unit (i.e.the outdoor part of the Ecodan heating system), you could get at least 3kW of heating energy. The overall system efficiency and energy savings will depend on the comparison with your current heating system, satisfactory system design and installation, and operational settings i.e. how you use the heating system.
MELCloud is a new Cloud based solution for controlling your Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan systems either locally or remotely by PC, Mac, Tablet or Smartphone via the Internet.
Set up and remote operation of your Ecodan heating system via MELCloud is simple and straight forward.
View and control your heating and hot water from anywhere in the world:
– Holiday mode;
– Set up of 7 day weekly schedule;
– Temperature history reports;
– Live weather feed at location of Ecodan;
– Compatible with Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry operating systems;
– Works on any PC / Mac / Tablet or Smartphone;
– Share / restrict access and control of the Ecodan system.
Underfloor heating and cooling is a form of central heating and cooling which achieves indoor climate control for thermal comfort using conduction, radiation and convection. The terms radiant heating and radiant cooling are commonly used to describe this approach because radiation is responsible for a significant portion of the resulting thermal comfort but this usage is technically correct only when radiation composes more than 50% of the heat exchange between the floor and the rest of the space.
Save on your Energy Bill, by having our team fit a heat pump system