Solar PV Grants
Find out about the Solar PV grants available to you.
SEAI Solar PV grants.
€900 per kWp Up to 2kWp
You will receive €1800 for 2kWp solar panels (ie 6/7 solar panels)
€300 for every additional kWp up to 4kWp if you get a battery.
For 3kWp: You will receive €2100 for 3kWp solar panels plus €600 for the battery system.
For 4kWp: You will receive €2400 for 4kWp solar panels plus €600 for the battery system.
Turn your home into a renewable power station! Now SEAI offers homeowners a grant of up to €3,800 to support the installation of Solar PV panels and battery energy storage systems. This will reduce the electricity you currently purchase from your supplier and save you money.
Support is available to all owners of dwellings built and occupied before 2011. The grant is available for all new Solar PV installations from Tuesday 31st July 2018.
Accelerated Capital Allowances
The ACA is a tax incentive for companies paying corporation tax and aims to encourage investment in energy efficient equipment. The purpose of the ACA scheme is to encourage businesses to purchase plant and machinery that is highly energy efficient and thus make significant savings on energy costs and reduce carbon emissions. The ACA offers an attractive incentive whereby it allows companies to write off 100% of the purchase value of qualifying energy efficient equipment against their profit in the year of purchase.
Solar PV qualifies for the ACA scheme, this is an attractive investment as is offers significant saving on your electricity bill while the cost of purchase has been written off your tax bill.
PV systems are suitable for commercial applications, new and existing dwellings. We design them basing on a customer’s budget, electricity needs, size/shape and a PV system of orientation of panel space.
In a typical 3 bed house (using 3290 k 1.5 – 2 kWp (about 12 to 15m2) could provide 50% of your annual electricity requirements. We provide installation services for: Existing houses, New developments, Bars & restaurants, Commercial buildings, Dairy farms, Pig & poultry farms, Shops & stores, Warehouses.
1) Clean Energy Ireland examines your energy consumptions and proposes a system to meet a percentage of that demand.
2) Solar PV Modules are mounted on the best available roof space. (Special brackets can be installed for ground mounting).
3) The solar inverter (converts DC voltage to AC voltage) is connected to the main distribution board.
4) When the Solar PV Panels are producing more electricity than you use, the surplus is fed back to the grid or sent to an immersion/heater.
5) At times of higher demand the shortfall is made up by power drawn from the grid
Find out if your are eligable for a Solar PV grant.