The Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels transform daylight directly into electricity and is a rapidly expanding market worldwide. The panels produce DC voltage during daylight hours, this is converted immediately to normal ESB compatible voltage and is distributed throughout your property. Excess power can be exported back to the grid, or used for space or water heating.
The sun provides us with an unlimited and reliable source of free energy. Solar PV (Photovoltaic) panels harness this free and natural energy and convert it into useful electricity. lf the PV installation is designed correctly you could get all your electricity from the panels during periods of the day.
How it works
- Clean Energy Ireland examines your energy consumption and proposes a system to meet a percentage of that demand.
- Solar PV Modules are mounted on the best available roof space. (Special brackets can be installed for ground mounting).
- The solar inverter (converts DC voltage to AC voltage) is connected to the main distribution board.
- When the Solar PV Panels are producing more electricity than you are using, the surplus is fed back to the grid or sent to an immersion/heater.
- At times of higher demand the shortfall is made up by power drawn from the grid.
- Own your electricity supply,
- Future proof against rising electricity costs,
- Reduce carbon foot print,
- Excess energy can be exported back to grid,
- Extra modules can be easily added,
- No maintenance and long service life,
- Heats your hot water,
- Allow for commercial tax write-offs,
- Various Solar PV installations in Leinster
We believe in providing our customers with industry leading quality on all of the products that we install at Clean Energy Ireland.
All of our Solar Panels have been laboratory tested and awarded NSAI Agrement Certification. You can rest assured that any panel you have installed provides the highest levels of safety, durability and quality.
- EN 61215,
- CE Certified (EN 61730),
- MCS 010-1.5, MCS 005-2.3,
- EN ISO 9001 & 14001.
*See NSAI Certificate 18/0395 for a full range of panel types and properties.
Download our NSAI Agrement Certificate
We will perform a free and no obligations site assessment. Our trained engineers can advise and propose on the most suitable solar PV system for your requirements. In order to provide you with the best information during our visit we would like you to complete a questionnaire first. Please download the attached questionnaire and return to your nearest Passive House System office. Alternatively submit your house & site drawings to any of our offices and we can return system and cost proposals.
Solar System Design
Clean Energy Ireland offer a wide range of solar design services for both the solar contractor and DIY solar system installer. We can assist with every aspect of the solar design for your project.
- Residential Solar System Design Services,
- Commercial Solar System Design Services,
- Solar Panel Placement drawings,
- Solar System Site Plan drawings and PV design assistance,
- Single line Electrical Schematics,
- Assistance with selection of solar mounting hardware,
- Stamped testing reports on the solar panel mounting systems.
PV systems are suitable for commercial applications, new and existing dwellings. We design them basing on a customer’s budget, electricity needs, size/shape and a PV system of orientation of panel space.
In a typical 3 bed house (using 3290 k 1.5 – 2 kWp (about 12 to 15m2) could provide 50% of your annual electricity requirements. We provide installation services for: Existing houses, New developments, Bars & restaurants, Commercial buildings, Dairy farms, Pig & poultry farms, Shops & stores, Warehouses.
1) Clean Energy Ireland examines your energy consumptions and proposes a system to meet a percentage of that demand.
2) Solar PV Modules are mounted on the best available roof space. (Special brackets can be installed for ground mounting).
3) The solar inverter (converts DC voltage to AC voltage) is connected to the main distribution board.
4) When the Solar PV Panels are producing more electricity than you use, the surplus is fed back to the grid or sent to an immersion/heater.
5) At times of higher demand the shortfall is made up by power drawn from the grid
SEAI Solar PV Grants
Grants are available from SEAI for the installation of Solar PV panels. All homeowners, whose homes were built and occupied before 2021 can apply. More information available at Solar Electricity PV Grants | Home Energy Grants | SEAI . Overview of grant allowances shown below.
€300 for every additional kWp up to 4kWp
Total Solar PV grant capped at €2400
For 3kWp: You will receive €2100 for 3kWp solar panels.
For 4kWp: You will receive €2400 for 4kWp solar panels.
Accelerated Capital Allowances
The ACA is a tax incentive for companies paying corporation tax and aims to encourage investment in energy efficient equipment. The purpose of the ACA scheme is to encourage businesses to purchase plant and machinery that is highly energy efficient and thus make significant savings on energy costs and reduce carbon emissions. The ACA offers an attractive incentive whereby it allows companies to write off 100% of the purchase value of qualifying energy efficient equipment against their profit in the year of purchase.
Solar PV qualifies for the ACA scheme, this is an attractive investment as is offers significant saving on your electricity bill while the cost of purchase has been written off your tax bill.
Get in touch to find out more.